Thank you to everyone that participated in show and share. We loved the refreshments and presentation on the Ergonomics of Knitting. Please enjoy some of the finished projects from our members.
Remember to keep a look out for Knit in Public in June 9th at Riverside Park. More information to follow.
Knitting Comfortably: The Ergonomics of Handkitting by Carson Demers.
Will will be reviewing correct Ergonomics to keep everyone knitting and to prevent repetition injury.
Please remember that we are at a new location until the New Downtown Public Library is open.
The meeting is at
Evergreen Branch Library
2601 N Arkansas
Wichita, KS 67204
Morning Meeting 10am-12pm
Evening Meeting 6pm-8pm
We will be meeting in the Parkview Room B. Through the main doors, down to the right. It is the last meeting room at the end of the hall on the right.
Frogging, Fixing and Friends
- Suggestion Box and Suggestion tab will be on the website soon
- Soon there will be a member only tab on the web page that will have information for current Wichita Knitters’ Guild members only, accessible with a password to be emailed to members
- Pop Up Stitch and Shop Event, April 14th
- ICT DeStash April 6 & 7, 2018 will be held a the Grove, 751 George Washington Blvd, Wichita, KS 67211. More information at ICT DeStash
- Interweave Yarn Fest 2018 will be held April 12-15th in Loveland, Colorado. Workshops, Marketplace and fun evening activities are planned. For more information go to Interweave Yarn Fest
- Dallas Fort Worth Fiber Festival will be held April 6-8th at the Irving Convention Center in Irving, Texas. Vendor Hall is free and open to the public. For more information go to DFW Fiber Fest
- Knitting in the Heartland 2018 will be held April 20-22nd a the Doubletree by Hilton in Overland Park. More information at Knitting in the Heartland
- Plyaway 2018 will be held March 27-31st at Crown Center Westin in Kansas City, MO. Admission is free to shop. More information at Plyaway.com
Warm Weather Wears–Learn all about the perfect yarns for staying cool when the needles get hot! Discussion of cotton, linen, flax, how to knit it, and how to keep your plant-based projects on the needles.
Thank you to everyone that joined us for the morning and evening meetings. This will be the last meeting at the public library downtown.
We will be temporarily moving to the Evergreen Library, 2601 N. Arkansas
Wichita, KS 67204 until the new Downtown library is completed.
Charity Organizations needs
January Meeting Minutes
Board members in attendance: Teresa Lee, Tami Carlson, Chauntel Ensey, Sarah Sales
- Elections will be held in June 2017. We will be taking nominations in May.
- Heritage Hut is still open and has stock available.
- Destash Sale Friday, January 20 and Saturday, January 21. Please see Firebrunetteknits.com for more information.
- Jen Schmidt will have bags and stitch markers available for sell.
- Wamego Fiberfest has been moved to Saturday, Jan 28 from 9-3pm. Information can be found on Facebook in Winter Wool Fest page.
- Fiber Fling Retreat is coming up. $170 for 3 days and 2 nights. For more information please visit http://picketfencequiltcompany.com/knitters.html
- CKKG is hosting Fooling Around with Yarn on April 1st. https://centralksknittersguild.com/
- Hats for Homeless: hats will be given to Wichita Police Department for distribution to those in need. We will have an officer speak to us about their outreach efforts next meeting.
- Wichita Knitters Guild still has merchandise available to order. Please email us or get ahold of one of us to place your order
Quick videos for spit splicing and Russian join can be found here:
Hope to see you all at next month’s meeting on February 15th!! Happy Knitting!
Hello everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!
We are working hard to find fun and exciting ways to keep everyone involved and engaged in our/your guild.
We are excited to kick off the new year with the Clapotis KAL(Knit along). Clapotis is a versatile “scarf”. You can choose if you want a scarf, shawl, or stole. You can use any yarn weight or needle size you desire. Yarns to avoid for this pattern are single spun or “sticky” yarns.
For more information, see: http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall04/PATTclapotis.html
Agenda for January’s meeting:
- Start KAL
- Show and Share
- “Weaving in ends on lace project”
Chauntel will be giving us a demonstration on weaving in ends on lace projects. We ask that you either bring a finished lace project with ends to weave in, or a gauge swatch with ends so that you can participate. Here is a quick pattern to knit a swatch:
Feather and Fan:
18 St repeat, work for 4”
Cast on 22
Knit 3 rows
Row 4 (RS) – k2, k2tog x3, (k1, yo) 6x, k2tog x3, k2
Row 5 (WS) – k2, purl 18, k2
Row 6 (RS) – knit
Row 7 (WS) – k2, purl 18,k2
Repeat rows 4-7 until desired swatch length
Please leave a 10 inch tail for weaving in. Items needed for this demonstration are the gauge swatch and a sharp darning needle. NO bent tip needles.
Please don’t forget to bring your hats for the homeless!!