Due To Weather Conditions
FEBRUARY GUILD MEETINGS
We will be moving our Fixing, Friends & Frogging to the March meetings:
- bring any project that you have a mistake in, don’t know where you are in the pattern, or just need minor help with
- bring a project, or many, to frog! We’ll have ball winders and swifts to help get your yarn back to a knittable state
- bring a friend, or many, to introduce them to the Guild. You and your friend will be entered into a drawing for a door prize, if your friend signs up for membership then you both receive a little gift
Don’t forget to work on charity knits!!
I think I will pull out my knitting machine and get some lap blankets done…what will you all work on while home due to the lovely winter weather??
~Chauntel Ensey, Treasurer & the Wichita Knitters’ Guild Board (old and new while we are in transition)
Wichita Knitters’ Guild
January Meeting 01/17/18
- Plyaway 2018 will be held Tuesday-Saturday March 27th-31st at the Crown Center Westin in Kansas City, Mo. Spinning classes are still available and there will be a TON of vendors! Admission is free to shop. More information at Plyaway.com.
- Interweave Yarn Fest 2018 will be held March 30-April 1st in Loveland, Colo. Workshops, Marketplace and fun evening activities are planned. For more information go to http://www.interweaveyarnfest.com
- DFW (Dallas Forth-Worth) Fiber Festival will be held April 6-8th at the Irving Convention Center in Irving, TX. Registration open for knitting, crochet, spinning and weaving classes. Vendor Hall is free and open to the public. For more information go to dfwfiberfest.org
- Knitting in the Heartland 2018 will be held Friday-Sunday April 20-22nd at the Doubletree by Hilton in Overland Park. Lots of knitting classes available as well as vendors. More information at kithkc.com
Show & Share
- Board Elections
- Ravelry Tips and Tricks: Ravelry Challenge
- Presentations on the five charities we will be knitting for this year: Victory in the Valley, Wichita Crisis Center, Knitted Knockers, Bridget’s Cradles, Wesley NICU
- East v West Challenge
ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP REGISTRATION – If you have not yet, please see Chauntel after the meeting, $30 payable cash or check made out to Wichita Knitters’ Guild
NEXT MONTH’S AGENDA – February
- Froggin’, Fixin’, and Friends – Bring that project that has been sitting in your “to do” pile because you hate it, you don’t know how to fix it, or you’re just plain unmotivated. We will either frog it or get you on a path to fixing it!
- February is Bring a Friend to Guild month! Bring a friend and be put in a drawing for a small gift! If your friend signs up for Guild, you’ll both receive a gift!
Teresa Lee – President, Tami Carlson – Vice President
Sarah Sales – Secretary, Chauntel Ensey – Treasurer
Education Coordinator – Deb Romero Social Media – Rachel Kashani
- Contact Info for Guild Meetings & Events
We are pleased to announce the election results for the 3 seats on the board with nominations:
President – Debbie Romero
Vice President – Martha Close
Secretary – Rachel Kashani
We are looking forward to this upcoming year in the guild. Lots of great things on the horizon that you don’t want to miss out on!
~Chauntel Ensey, Treasurer
Welcome to Winter Woolfest, your New Year knitting, crocheting, felting and spinning celebration!! Kansas’s premier fiber festival!
It’s just over a week away!! Who is planning on going??
I think we’ll probably have some planning going on in the Twisted Sisters Facebook group.
Source: Winter Woolfest Fiber Festival – Wamego, Kansas
Source: Ravelry: Forums – Wichita Knitters’ Guild
We have a group on Ravelry where we can keep in touch on all sorts of topics. We have members that don’t use Facebook, or just don’t think to check the Wichita Knitters’ Guild page or website for updates.
I think it’s safe to say that 99% of our knitters have a Ravelry account.
We would like to see more interaction and use of Ravelry and it’s features.
Some are great about checking the group forums, some of us are not (this is Chauntel, by the way, and I am not great about checking often). My goal for this year is to return to using the forums on Ravelry for my fiber social media. Millions of knitters/crocheters/spinners/weavers all in one place!!!
If you have any questions about using the forums, or have a question on a post you see, do not hesitate to ask for help or clarification.
See you on Ravelry!!
Source: Ravelry: Help
Ravelry has a few help videos of basic uses on the Ravelry: Help page.
We thought we would share the knowledge here…
Non knitters just don’t get it. If you’re a knitter, then you’ve probably been subjected to stares, eye rolls, and the most annoying questions. Here’s a list of the top 10 GIFS only a knitter understands. Yes, knitter. It’s us vs. them. Pick up your sticks and be prepared. 1. Your need for enormous amounts of yarn via GIPHY 2. The ability to pull yarn out of any bag or purse and knit everywhere via GIPHY 3. The need to pet your yarn via GIPHY 4. Spending hours organizing your stash, WIPs, and FOs (and the fact you know what these abbreviations mean) via GIPHY 5. Sometimes you just want to knit in peace via GIPHY 6. Your demands are simple via GIPHY 7. That you add something special to everything you knit via GIPHY 8. That when you knit you get out a lot of anger and frustration via GIPHY 9. That you take knitting road trips with your squad via GIPHY 10. When knitting is lifevia GIPHYRead more knitting tips and articles like this
Source: Knitting vs. the World: 10 Things Only a Knitter Understands – NobleKnits.com