Here is the information to get you to the correct page on the KS State Fair website to register entries. It will take you to another website to register and pay, it is secure!
Any questions feel free to contact us, firstname.lastname@example.org, Chauntel will be happy to help you out!
LOCATION: DOMESTIC ARTS BUILDING
SUPERINTENDENT: Mary Lou Hurtado, Lyons, KS
CLOTHING & TEXTILE OFFICE: Sept. 3 – 17 (620) 669-3863
ENTRY DEADLINE – AUGUST 15TH
ALL PAYMENTS ARE DUE, INCLUDING ADVANCE TICKETS, BY ENTRY DEADLINE DATE
**Online entries require a W-9 to be filled out and payment with a credit card
CLICK HERE FOR CLOTHING & TEXTILE ENTRY FORM – Print & Mail form
CLOTHING & TEXTILES DEPT. SCHEDULE – DOMESTIC ARTS BLDG.(ENTER THROUGH SOUTH DOORS)
||Entry Deadline -paperwork or online entry (Must be postmarked by Aug 15)
|Aug 16 – 25
||Entries still accepted with a $5.00 late fee per item
|After Aug 25
||Entries still accepted with a $25.00 late fee per item
||Receiving Entries 9:00 am – 5:00 pm & Pick-up of advanced ordered tickets
||Receiving Entries 9:00 am – 8:00 pm & Pick-up of advanced ordered tickets
||Receiving Entries 9:00 am – 11:00 & Pick-up of advanced ordered tickets. ** Nothing will be accepted after the stated receiving hours
Needlework Day – Demonstrations in Bldg. between 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Cotton Day – Demonstrations in Bldg. between 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Wool Day – Demonstrations in Bldg. between 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
||Entries are released as of 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm **No early releases
||Entries picked up between 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
|After Sept 17
||Must contact KSF Admin Office to make arrangements (620) 669-3881, (620) 669-3621 or (620) 669-3600. Remaining items should be picked up within 1 week from the closing of the fair
*Review the above schedule closely. DO NOT miss your deadline as this will waive your right for any advance discounted tickets you may have purchased. Only items mailed in will be allowed to arrive earlier than the stated receiving hours. Items brought to the fairgrounds in advance will not be accepted.
I got the final word Saturday on the new location at the Wichita Advanced Learning Center (Central Library); we will be meeting in the Tecnovation Center on the main floor, directly inside the library across from the checkout area.
Hope to see you all this Wednesday!!
Plenty of parking!
Plenty of chairs!
Plenty to buy!!
iCT DeSTaSH SaLe starts tomorrow, 9am!
Park on Geo Washington and enter through the main doors. There will be a sign on the door.
March 21st meetings will be held at the Wichita Central Library
CLICK HERE FOR ADDRESS AND DIRECTIONS
April, May, and June will be held at the Evergreen Branch Library while the Central Library location is relocating to the new building.
CLICK HERE FOR ADDRESS AND DIRECTIONS
We, as a guild, want to make an impact in our community by not only making items and donating them to locally-based organizations but by raising money as well.
In the spirit of helping these charities and our friends and neighbors in Wichita, we present the East versus West Challenge!
Rules are simple!
1- Pick a team. Dividing line is east or west of the Central Library. Doesn’t matter how far east or how far west you are, that’s what team you’ll be on!
2- Knit, crochet or sew items for the following local charities: Bridget’s Cradles, Knitted Knockers, Victory in the Valley, or the Wichita Family Crisis Center.
Donate money or store-bought items instead. Every dollar donated or spent on donated items towards these charities is worth one point for your team!
3- Bring your donations to the March 21st guild meeting being held at the Evergreen Library.
If donating items and/or money be sure to bring the receipt and the items to claim your points.
4- Guild board will tally points!
Points are as follows:
Bridget’s Cradles Prayer square/Heart: 1 point
Cradle set: 5 points
Knitted Knockers Pair of knockers: 20 points
Individual knocker: 10 points
Victory in the Valley Blanket: 100 points
Wichita Family Crisis Center Hats: 5 points
Mittens/Gloves: 20 points
Scarves: 25 points
Sweaters: 75 points
*Note- Store bought items are only worth their dollar amount in points and not additional points.
The winning side’s participants will get lunch paid for by the Guild at the April meeting, after the morning meeting, 1pm.
Due To Weather Conditions
FEBRUARY GUILD MEETINGS
We will be moving our Fixing, Friends & Frogging to the March meetings:
- bring any project that you have a mistake in, don’t know where you are in the pattern, or just need minor help with
- bring a project, or many, to frog! We’ll have ball winders and swifts to help get your yarn back to a knittable state
- bring a friend, or many, to introduce them to the Guild. You and your friend will be entered into a drawing for a door prize, if your friend signs up for membership then you both receive a little gift
Don’t forget to work on charity knits!!
I think I will pull out my knitting machine and get some lap blankets done…what will you all work on while home due to the lovely winter weather??
~Chauntel Ensey, Treasurer & the Wichita Knitters’ Guild Board (old and new while we are in transition)
Wichita Knitters’ Guild
January Meeting 01/17/18
- Plyaway 2018 will be held Tuesday-Saturday March 27th-31st at the Crown Center Westin in Kansas City, Mo. Spinning classes are still available and there will be a TON of vendors! Admission is free to shop. More information at Plyaway.com.
- Interweave Yarn Fest 2018 will be held March 30-April 1st in Loveland, Colo. Workshops, Marketplace and fun evening activities are planned. For more information go to http://www.interweaveyarnfest.com
- DFW (Dallas Forth-Worth) Fiber Festival will be held April 6-8th at the Irving Convention Center in Irving, TX. Registration open for knitting, crochet, spinning and weaving classes. Vendor Hall is free and open to the public. For more information go to dfwfiberfest.org
- Knitting in the Heartland 2018 will be held Friday-Sunday April 20-22nd at the Doubletree by Hilton in Overland Park. Lots of knitting classes available as well as vendors. More information at kithkc.com
Show & Share
- Board Elections
- Ravelry Tips and Tricks: Ravelry Challenge
- Presentations on the five charities we will be knitting for this year: Victory in the Valley, Wichita Crisis Center, Knitted Knockers, Bridget’s Cradles, Wesley NICU
- East v West Challenge
ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP REGISTRATION – If you have not yet, please see Chauntel after the meeting, $30 payable cash or check made out to Wichita Knitters’ Guild
NEXT MONTH’S AGENDA – February
- Froggin’, Fixin’, and Friends – Bring that project that has been sitting in your “to do” pile because you hate it, you don’t know how to fix it, or you’re just plain unmotivated. We will either frog it or get you on a path to fixing it!
- February is Bring a Friend to Guild month! Bring a friend and be put in a drawing for a small gift! If your friend signs up for Guild, you’ll both receive a gift!
Teresa Lee – President, Tami Carlson – Vice President
Sarah Sales – Secretary, Chauntel Ensey – Treasurer
Education Coordinator – Deb Romero Social Media – Rachel Kashani
- Contact Info for Guild Meetings & Events