Update from Sarah Sales:
Kyle has been found and is safe. Thank you all for your support and prayers! We have a long road ahead so keep us in your prayers.
Sarah Sales is a dear part of our fiber community (as well as our Secretary) and desperately needs our help finding her son Kyle.
We are looking forward to warming up our community here in Wichita!
We are so blessed to have warm homes, warm clothes, vehicles, and each other.
We are also blessed with a talent & hobby that can benefit others.
It is our desire to start a program for giving locals in need handmade items to keep them warm. Hats are a good place to start.
We will announce at the December guild meeting a date in January that we will set out around the Wichita area and deliver our handmade hats to those in need.
Child through the largest adult hats are needed.
Made using washable yarns.
Below are some wonderful sites with free patterns available. They don’t need to be fancy, but they do need to be well made.
Knitting for Charity | AllFreeKnitting.com
Red Heart Hats for Charity
Free Hats on Ravelry – all sizes
We would also encourage you to familiarize yourself with the wonderful efforts our Wichita community puts forth to the underprivileged.
Many, many families are on the verge of being homeless and the services provided to keep them safe and sheltered need to be supported, taken note of, and shared with those in need as well as those able to support in any way possible; financially, with time, or with any items you are able to donate.
Wichita’s Homeless Outreach Team H.O.T.
Please, leave comments with ideas and/or patterns that you love!
Gift Exchange Information for November’s Meeting:
- TOTALLY OPTIONAL TO PARTICIPATE
- Minimum value $20 – Maximum value $40
- A kit is a fun idea- pattern + yarn
- No box store yarns, please
- Stash diving is acceptable but, please, no yarns with odors or pet hair
- JennaMay Made bags & stitch markers are always a great idea!
- ChikwithYarn bags are available in Newton at Creation Station
- Hand dyed yarns & fiber for spinning are available through WichitaWoolery
- Gift certificate to Picket Fence Quilt Co, Firebrunette Knits, iYarn in Winfield, Creation Station in Newton, or any other local fiber, yarn, class source might be well appreciated
- If you know of any other fantastic local artists for gift giving, please leave a comment below or on the Facebook page for others.
As you arrive at the meeting, please place your wrapped, yet unmarked, gift on the exchange table and you will be given a ticket.
Once announcements and Show and Share are completed we will start the exchange. Your ticket number will be called and you will have your choice of gift from the table. Once all gifts have been exchanged we will go from person to person as each gift is unwrapped and the gift-giver then fesses up to the wonderful item bestowed upon their fellow guild member.
It will be a lot of fun, and we look forward to seeing the unique gifts that you all are concocting!!